Pages

Thursday 21 January 2016

In My Memory Planner

Do you every buy note books/journals/ planners because they are super pretty and then become paralyzed by actually doing anything in them because you don't want to ruin them? I often do this but I had an attack of this when I got my  Heidi Swapp Memory Planner. I must say that I could not help but buy one when all the memory planners last year looked just gorgeous! Once I opened up and started to think about how I was going to use it I became super confused my question was (and may be still is) is this a planner or a memory keeper???? Memory suggests that you will be documenting what has been  but I usually use my planner for keeping me on track and writing ideas and appointments down- planning for the future.
As I looked around at others memory planners I decided that this was about memory keeping in  a pretty yet quick way. I may just be overwhelming myself with different documenting styles- why is it that we always want to do all of them. So I guess that this year I am doing some combination of scrapbooking and Project Life, keeping a memory planner and also I have been documenting my photos with a photo a day app, which has been the simplest way to keep track of all the shenanigans that happen throughout the year.
I guess that I also need to add in a planner of some description where I can write down ideas, to do lists and appointments etc. I may be a little late already in the year (oh my its late January!!!)to be finally deciding on what I am doing with myself but hey better late than never- and with the kids still home I am still in holiday mode!
Back to my memory planner, I've had fun setting it up and adding things to it, I bought the Heidi Swapp gold polka dot Memory planner and I've begun to add memories and fill out each day.
Its nice to have such an easy way to document the simple happy days that happen here!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love love love your planner entries and decoration, nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kellie, that means a lot to me. I love your work!!

      Delete