Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Cookies

I thought I would share with you a recipe today. Its not my original recipe, I found it somewhere in the land of the internet but since its one works for my gluten/lactose and fructose free little guy I thought it would be nice to share here. They are really simple to make and yummy too.
 We use coconut sugar (aka palm sugar) in them and oil which makes them sugar and dairy free too. Coconut sugar can be found in the supermarkets now and isn't super expensive, it does happen to be a fructose- if that doesn't sit well with you go ahead and use any sweetener you like. And of course if your not dairy free then you can use butter.
I have added chocolate chips to them this time but other times I have added dried fruit and nuts and they have been just as tasty.
Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups of Almond Meal
1/2 tsp of baking baking powder
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
1/4 cup of oil or butter
1 egg
1 tsp of vanilla

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add wet to dry and mix until well combined. place tablespoon sized balls of the mixture on a baking tray and press a little to flatten. Bake for about 10 minutes on 180c.


No comments:

Post a Comment