Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Mamie Made: Spring Bunting

Spring Has Sprung! Here in my little town we are having lots of nice sunshiny days with only a few rainy ones in between. My son suggested that we put something pretty on the door (it was a proud mummy moment!)  he said the front door was looking bare, so who was I to refuse him!
 Well I finally decided on some bunting  but once I had made it I found that it was too big for the front door so I have hung it in our family room and it has cheered things up!
 Late last week I received an early birthday pressie, a silhouette!!! So I did use it to cut some of the parts of the bunting, the letters, the scalloped circles and the butterflies. The letters and the butterflies were all sprayed with some Heidi Swapp colour-shine, it gives such a pretty effect all shimmery and lovely.
I'm also loving making these tissue paper flowers, I remember making something similar when I was a kid, they are super simple and so much fun and they added some nice contrast to the yellow bunting. You can make them with different coloured layers too or even put something pretty in the center to give them an extra pop.
Don't worry I made another one exactly the same just a little smaller and hung it on my front door, its looking just as sweet and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment